5 favorite things
Thank you for joining me for another Favorite Things post!
My newsletter fam sees this first sooo get yourself signed up 😉
Wearing... my new favorite necklace from BYCHARI . A Black woman owned business out of Los Angeles, each piece is handmade sustainably. Minimalist and well crafted, I was excited to find this cute M necklace to add to the jewelry I wear everyday.
2. Discovered... my new favorite athletic wear line designed by one of my favorite influencers, WVVY was made to inspire movement and designed to fit every woman’s unique curves. Stylish, size inclusive, and affordable - each piece is available in size XS to 3X and is under $100.
Left to right: tie dye lace up legging and matching high neck bra, tie joggers with oversized tee, power unitard.
3. Making ... Gryff's new favorite treat: frozen chicken broth. Does anyone else do this for their pups? Gryff loves to eat ice cubes and I love it because it keeps him hydrated. I decided to make him special ones made of chicken broth as an extra treat and I found this cute dachshund shaped ice cube tray at Christmas Tree Shops.
4. Drinking... the Hermione Granger Cocktail from Half Baked Harvest.
2 tablespoons fresh or frozen raspberries
1-2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
juice from half of a lemon
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons raspberry jam
2 ounces vodka (or tequila)
sparkling water for topping
2 fresh or frozen cherries, for topping (optional)
LEMON ROSE SUGAR (OPTIONAL):
zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon finely crushed dried rose petals (optional)
US Customary - Metric
1. To make the lemon sugar. Combine the lemon zest, sugar, and rose petals on a shallow plate. Rim your glasses in the sugar mix, then fill with ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, muddle the raspberries, rosemary, and lemon juice, squashing everything to release the juices. Add the apple cider vinegar, jam, and vodka. Fill with ice and shake until combined.
3. Strain into your prepared glass. Top off with sparkling water, then gently stir to combine. Finish with a cherry on top. Enjoy.
5. Needing... this hand blown colored glassware by Estelle Colored Glass. I mean, how beautiful are these!