5 favorite things
Happy fall y'all!
Here are some things I've been loving lately:
1. I cannot stop... organizing! You may have seen my post a few weeks ago about my spice rack overhaul. Well, I have since redone my pantry cabinets and now, my linen closet! Here is the before and after:
(going back and forth between these two is seriously so satisfying to me!)
I love these woven baskets I find at Marshall's/TJMaxx! They are usually between $5 and $15 per basket, which to me is a reasonable price.
My top tips to having a cohesive and organized space: - make a list of all the things you want to organize
- find a storage container that both functions well (for pantry items make sure they are air tight!) and buy it in bulk based on your list.
- organize things by category! For example: sheets, hand towels, bath towels, cleaning supplies, seasonal decor... etc). 2. Drinking in the season with.... Fall Blend Starbucks coffee. I got these on a whim when I was shocked to find out Dave didn't like the Pumpkin coffee I had on hand for us. Who doesn't like pumpkin coffee! I think I could have it year round. We both quickly fell in love with this roast. 3. Relatable AF: @FittyBritttty's honest dialogue when trying on jeans. "Reminder: just because the jeans don’t fit doesn’t mean you're not worthy! Don’t let an article of clothing hold that much power over you!! If they don’t fit keep it M O V I N G!"
4. A splurge and a steal: I was really inspired by this cozy vibe in Target's fall decor ad:
I went to go check it out in store recently and the vase was about $25. That was more than I wanted to spend on something that didn't have a function other than looking pretty. So a few days later I popped over to Marshall's and found something similar in an amber color I liked better for $8! Win! For the feathery things (anyone know what they are called??) I did go back to Target and splurged the $15 for them because I hadn't stopped thinking about it and couldn't find anything cheaper with the same vibe. Here is the finished look:
5. Just finished reading... The Guest List by Lucy Foley. A mysterious whodunit with lots of twists and turns, this story of a high-profile UK wedding starts with a murder. I don't normally gravitate towards these types of books but I couldn't put this one down!